3200 E Camelback Rd #255,
Industry: Accounting - Finance
Job Number: 1620
- Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports, and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Performs bank reconciliations and cash management duties.
- Communicates with on-site and other property managers to assist in completing pre-close and close activities, answer questions, provide support, and ensure timely completion of accounting processes for on-time client and company reporting.
- Acts as a liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to clients, senior managers, staff and internal and external auditors.
- Full Cycle Bookkeeping
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management, and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- College degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- Needs accounting experience and preferably in the real estate field.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for a portfolio of multi-family communities.
- 3-5 years experience but 5+ preferred