S. Pointe Parkway West
Industry: Manufacturing - Production
Job Number: 1689
HotFoot Recruiters – Effective. Efficient. Talent Placement.
HotFoot Recruiters would like to announce the following opportunity available for immediate consideration.
Position: Associate Assembly Engineer
Location: Southern Ave, Phoenix
Type: Contract to Perm
The Associate Assembly Engineer is the lead resource on the manufacturing floor that assembles complex machinery with fabricated and purchased parts using drawings and parts list that are provided by engineering as the assembly instructions. This is a hands-on role that will build machines either directly or as part of a team, from part completion through installation and acceptance at the customer’ s site. When required this position will participate in wiring, termination, test and debug and as such should be competent in all areas. It is mandatory that this position can read and understand assembly drawings, electrical wiring diagrams, pneumatic diagrams, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and make appropriate suggestions and adjustments via redlines. The Associate Assembly Engineer shall also have a basic understanding of machine sequencing and be able to work with various HMI and PLC based systems. Travel is also mandatory and extended stay at customer sites may be required.
- Build machines and sub-assemblies according to design requirements and customer specifications.
- High complexity mechanical assembly that requires fitting, alignment, and adjustment to very close tolerances.
- Recommends and documents redlines on drawings to changes required during assembly. Responsible to submit these to the appropriate engineer or project manager.
- Responsible for overall assembly schedule and notifies the manufacturing or project manager if schedule is in jeopardy.
- Will participate in escalation plans required to ensure projects are completed and meet customer requirements.
- Will participate in initial and assembly kickoff meetings.
- Will lead morning standup meetings to highlight issues and help needed.
- Instructs assemblers and technicians on specific job details; acts as a mentor to build a strong assembly knowledge base.
- Supports manufacturing and assembly thru fabrication and modification of parts required or discovered through the assembly process.
- Operates all machines, lathes, mills, grinders, hand tools, etc. at a high level of precision and knows how to use indicators, micrometers, calipers, and related devices for optimal accuracy.
- May represent Delta Technology at customer sites during installations, customer visits, reviews, and buyoffs.
- Goes onsite to provide customer assistance, troubleshooting, field service, and warranty work as required.
- Exemplifies good housekeeping and proper work ethics by modeling core company values for other employees, customers, vendors and visitors.
- Perform machining and mechanical alterations and additions during debug.
- Perform various non-repetitive mechanical assembly functions using hand or power tools.
- Breakdown and pack out for shipment to customer site.
- Assembly and installation on customer site.
- Responsible for assembling fabricated and purchased parts using assembly drawings, and BOM’ s provided by engineering.
- Provide timely and detailed status updates.
- Comply with all company safety procedures.
- All activities are performed in a way that reflect and inspire the mission and core values of the company.
- Quality – Ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated, process driven environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites.
- High School diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, pneumatic diagrams, and electrical schematics/wiring diagrams.
- An understanding of other skilled trades such as welding, electrical, and basic mechanical engineering.
- Strong technical capability and problem solving/analysis skills.
- Previous experience with machine assembly in the automation industry or capital equipment environment required
- Proficient and demonstratable machine shop skills including lathe, mill, and grinding.
- Proficient in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Proficiency with a wide variety of tools and measuring instruments required.
About Hotfoot Recruiters:
HotFoots approach is simple. We put People First. We also know that an individual' s success starts with the right career opportunity. Our company was founded on the belief that the world is full of extremely talented people that may need a simple connection like HotFoot Recruiters to prove themselves to quality employers. HotFoot is an Arizona based company that has been providing talent placement solutions nationally for over 10 years. With additional offices in Wisconsin, Iowa and Flagstaff, Arizona; HotFoot provides recruiting services for companies of all sizes. Learn more at HotFootrecruiters.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider application without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.